Meryl Streep is one of my favorite actresses and one of the greatest actresses alive, in my opinion. So I thought I put together a list of her best performances to date.
10. The Hours( 2002) “Clarrissa Vaughan”
The story of how the novel “Mrs. Dalloway” affects three generations of women, all of whom, in one way or another, have had to deal with suicide in their lives.
9. Bridges over Madison County (1995) “Francesca Johnson”
Photographer Robert Kincaid wanders into the life of housewife Francesca Johnson, for four days in the 1960s over Madison County.
8. Death Becomes Her(1992) ” Madeline Ashton”
Streep plays an older actress who’s unhappy with her life and her washed up husband. It may not be her most moving performance but it sure was a funny one.
7. Julie and Julia(2009) “Julia Childs”
Playing the most famous and funny television cook. Streep gets everything right from Julia’s talk to everything else.
6. It’s Complicated(2009) “Jane Adler”
Streep plays a divorced mom getting her “groove back” with her ex-husband, who happens to be married, it shows just how “complicated” life can get.
5. Iron Lady(2011) “Margaret Thatcher”
4. Mamma Mia(2008) “Donna”
She plays a free spirited mother of the bride who was a little too free when it came to men.
3. The Devil Wear Prada(2006) “Miranda Priestly”
There’s nothing “Priestly” about this cut throat, stoic fashion magazine editor.
2. Doubt(2008) “Sister Alloysius Beavier”
She plays the unrelenting Nun, whose out to prove an inappropriate relationship between a choir boy and a Priest.
1. August: Osage County(2013) “Violet Weston”
This movie looks at the lives of the strong-willed women of the Weston family. Streep played the fiery matriarch of the family.
What were your favorite?
Comment and let me know!!!!!
Keep calm and watch a movie!!!!